Tags

,

Monday was the day I’d planned to go out in the garage and polyurethane the trim for the Dawn Treader berths.  It was 29° when I got up and wasn’t predicted to get above the low 50°s, so it was time for Plan B.

It’s a good thing we have a large kitchen-dining area!  Despite the uncooperative temps, I managed to get all the trim done with 2 coats of clear sating polyurethane (except the two 12′ pieces that will have to be done outside).

And I got one coat done on one of the girls’ berths.

The mattress at left is just to try the space out for size to see how much extra room will be left over.  The girls’ berths have 15″ of extra space, enough for a shelf.  The boys’ berths only have 7″ so I’m trying to figure out what to do with that tiny space, if anything.

Advertisements